On Thursday, May 25th @ 7:30 am and moving forward, we will be meeting at the Waterfront Art Gallery for our membership meetings. Entry is on the front of the building.
At the May meeting, our guest speaker will be Rod Smith from the Ladysmith Community Marina who will provide boater demographics and spending habits, with ways that the downtown businesses can better connect to them.
Come for coffee, network, learn and discuss.
- May 25th @ 7:30 am
- June 15th
- July 20th
- August 17th
- September 21st
- October 19th
- November 16th
- December 21st
See you there!
The kids are coming to your store on Saturday, June 3rd! Please download, print and post this poster in your window to let kids know you are open and ready! You never know, you might get a visit from Captain Jack and his pirates!
Why not decorate your window as well to get into the spirit?
- Sunday, June 4th
- 10 am start
- Puck drops at noon
Ten years after the successful Guinness World Record for the World’s Largest Street Hockey Tournament, the Town of Ladysmith, 49th Parallel Grocery and Paradise Island Foods will be taking on the record attempt for a unprecedented second time.
If you are a downtown business, why not be open for this Sunday event and embrace it? There will be a lot of people!
“It’s time, it’s our record to set, and we want the world to witness it” says Pat Battie, Promotions Manager for the 49th Parallel Grocery chain. “It’s our 40th anniversary in business, it’s Ladysmith’s 113th birthday, Canada’s 150th, we have support of many local and national companies, and North America has hockey play-off fever.”
Coming to Ladysmith on Saturday, June 24th.
Ladysmith’s Hill Dash is back for a second year! The Hill Dash is a unique running relay event that will put your physical and mental limits to the test as you sprint up Ladysmith’s High Street.
This promises to be a great running event that will challenge the quads, calves and mind. Portion of the proceeds benefit the Ladysmith Resource Centre Association (LRCA).
- June 24th
- 11:00 AM
- Teams of 4 (Male, Female, Mixed, Kids – under 12 years old)
- Cost: Early Bird $60/team (to June 16th), $80/team (after June 16th); Kids: $20/team
In Person Registration
In person registration at Active Solutions Health + Sport (Unit A – 341 1st Avenue, Ladysmith) and/or Benjamin Moore Paints (132B Roberts St, Ladysmith)
WHAT YOU GET
- Bragging rights as participant in Ladysmith’s Hill Dash
- Chance to don the sweet Hill Dash medal
- A comprehensive safety and medical team
- A post-race refreshment and snack table
- More food
- Professional race photography
- Access to the John Surtees Real Estate Professional Kids Zone
- Sample of a Riot Brewing (Chemainus) beer on tap following the race (for 19 years and older)
- Chance to win $500 in “Running of the Balls” (for 19 years and older)
What are you waiting for! Put together a team of 4 to compete in Ladysmith’s 2017 Hill Dash. We look forward to seeing you at the start line.
We are listing some of the main events in town for 2017 that businesses can plan around.
- 25th, 7:30 am @ Waterfront Art Gallery: LDBA Membership Meeting
- LMS Marina: Ladysmith Maritime Festival
- 3rd: Kids Pirate Day
- 4th: One day Street Hockey World record Atempt
- 24th: Hill Dash
- 1st @ Transfer Beach: Canada Day Celebrations
- Show and Shine/Beer Garden/Poker Walk
- Light up the Night
- Arts on the Avenue
- 11th: Remembrance Day – Memorial Service
- 23rd: Light Up kicks off 30th Festival of Lights
- 1st: Old Time Christmas
- 8th: Late Night Shopping
- 15th: Late Night Shopping
- 22nd: Late Night Shopping
The LDBA is made up of a minimum of 9 Directors, 5 of whom form the Executive (President, Past President, VP, Treasurer, Secretary).
For 2017, we are 7-strong so still have room for more. We invite you to join our team.
Being part of the LDBA Board is both fun and rewarding, making a real difference to businesses in the community. No matter which task(s) you can be involved in or what you can contribute to, we welcome new ideas and energy.
If you are interested, please let us know.