Coming to Ladysmith on Saturday, June 16th.
Welcome to Ladysmith’s Hill Dash! The Hill Dash is a unique running relay event that will put your physical and mental limits to the test as you sprint up Ladysmith’s High Street.
Relay team members are required to run/walk/crawl up High St from 1st to 3rd Avenue and then roll a ball down the hill to the next team member that will be waiting on 1st Avenue. First team of 4 to conquer the hill and roll the ball down across the finish line wins! This promises to be a great running event that will challenge the quads, calves and mind. Portion of the proceeds benefit the Ladysmith Resource Centre Association (LRCA).
All participants over age 19 also get a ball for a chance to win $500 in the “Running of the Balls” event, immediately after the Hill Dash, also on High Street.
What are you waiting for? Put together a team of 4 to compete in Ladysmith’s 2018 Hill Dash today. We look forward to seeing you at the start line.
Divisions this year include the usual female, male, and co-ed. We have added a family division this year. Teams in the fun family division must have 2 runners over 19 years old and 2 runners aged 13 or younger – gender is not specific. Kids aged 6 and under have a chance to run the “kid” hill for free following the last race.
- Registration opens @ 9:30 a.m.
- Races start @ 11 a.m. (Female, Male, Co-ed and Family)
- Kids Dash @ 12 p.m.
- Running of the Balls will commence immediately after the event @ ~12:30 p.m.
- Riot Brewery Beer Garden runs from 11 a.m. – 3 p.m. at Spirit Square (LRCA). All ages are welcome. ID required for beer.
WHERE: Corner of High Street and 1st Avenue
- $60/team (Female, Male, Co-Ed and Family)
- KidsDash FREE (sign up day of event)
In person registration at Active Solutions Health + Sport (Unit A – 341 1st Avenue, Ladysmith OR Frank Jameson Centre Location). Registration closes 4 p.m. on June 14th at both locations.
Registration online is open as of February 15th, 2018, and closes on June 14th at 11:59:59.
We are always looking for volunteers. Please email ladysmithhilldash [at] gmail [dot] com for more information.
- Registration will close at 11:59:59 p.m. on Thursday, June 14th, 2018
- There is a processing fee applied to all online registrations. If you are registering in person then we appreciate payment in cash or cheque (to “Ladysmith Downtown Business Association”)
- Payable in Canadian funds
What You Get
- Bragging rights as participant in Ladysmith’s Hill Dash
- Chance to don the sweet Hill Dash medal
- A comprehensive safety and medical team
- A post-race refreshment courtesy of Riot Brewery (19 years and old) and A & W (Root Beer for under 19 years old)
- Food BBQ burgers (vegetarian option available) served by Ladysmith Kinsmen Club
- Access to John Surtees Real Estate Professional KidsZone
- Professional race photography
- Chance to win draw prizes from local Ladysmith downtown businesses
- Chance to win $500 in “Running of the Balls”
- If you have a team member that cannot race due to medical reasons (a doctor’s letter is required), then we appreciate if you can find a spare runner to substitute for that team member. We will make the change of team members at registration prior to the race.
- Team cancellations can occur up to one WEEK prior to the event registration deadline (by June 23rd at 6 p.m.). A 50% refund will be granted to the team in this case. Please email us at ladysmithhilldash [at] gmail [dot] com if you have to cancel.
- In the event that the race is cancelled due to fire, floods, or other acts of God, the race will be rescheduled and all entries will be transferred to that date. Under no circumstances, will refunds be given or a credit given to another race.
Rich Huggins at Active Solutions Health & Sport: 250-924-4444