Island Savings – a Division of First West Credit Union
At Island Savings, we believe in 6 Big Ideals:
– Succeed together
– Act local
– Value all
– Make common-sense decisions
– Create good things
– Inspire exceptional results
Island Savings offers innovative products, local decision making and an extensive branch network of 16 branches and 11 insurance offices to nearly 100,000 British Columbians on Vancouver Island, Pender Island and Salt Spring Island. A leading employer in the region Island Savings provides community investment with the Growing Island Families Together (GIFT) program, which supports child well-being initiatives on the islands. That’s why we launched The Full Cupboard, an innovative community program designed to raise food, funds and awareness for food banks in the communities where Island Savings operates. Our goal is to raise funds to serve the equivalent of 650,000 meals to Islanders in partnership with our local food banks.
We are a financial services cooperative, not a bank. Being a credit union means:
– Our shareholders or “owners” are our members—you. Everything we do at First West is for the best interests and well-being of the people and local businesses who bank with us day in and day out.
– We’re democratically governed. Our members vote to elect First West’s board of directors who oversee and steward the credit union’s operations. Every member has an equal voice: it’s one member, one vote.
– The money our members entrust to us stays right here within our local communities where it’s used to do good—going back into our members’ pockets, providing good local jobs, supporting community organizations and strengthening the places we live. We support and are members of the Ladysmith Downtown Business Association, Ladysmith Chamber of Commerce, Ladysmith Food Bank and LRCA, to name a few.
We look forward to meeting you, drop by for a coffee and to say hi.
Send Message to listing owner
Listing Title: Island Savings – a Division of First West Credit Union