Tourism Cowichan are the official DESTINATION MARKETING ORGANIZATION for the Cowichan region. Their mandate is to deliver destination marketing services for Cowichan in our primary markets of Victoria and Vancouver Island, the Lower mainland, Washington State and Alberta.
They are a non for profit stakeholder lead society. Their stakeholders are tourism businesses, organizations and individuals within the tourism industry. There is no membership fee to join. Members are able to leverage their own marketing budgets with us in order to increase and improve their presence in the tourism market.
How to be Involved
- Ensure you are a TCS stakeholder to receive a complimentary standard listing
- Purchase a premium listing for optimal placement and promotion. $400 annually or pro-rated (works out to about $30/month)!
- Submit any events through their Event page to be listed on the website, as well as potentially be highlighted on social media and their tourist facing newsletter
- Help share content through your social media channels
- Vote and encourage your guests to vote on Cowichan’s Top Ten
- Purchase an ad in their annual Visitor Guide, to be featured in the online copy of the guide
How to Interact
- Connect: Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube | Vimeo
- Tag them in your posts! Use #explorecowichan
- Share their content (blogs, videos, posts, photos) on your pages
- Send them your events or other newsworthy content and they would be happy to help promote
- Complimentary standard listing on new website
- Opportunity to participate in Tourism Cowichan’s co-operative marketing programs
- Eligible for increased promotion through travel trade
- Eligible to participate in partner programs with RDMO’s
- Special rates and considerations for advertising and promotion (content creation, Visitors Guide)
- Access to Tourism Cowichan Marketing tool kit
- Eligible for complimentary promotion via website, content, social media and tourism facing e-newsletter
- Active stakeholders are eligible for Board positions, committee positions and can vote at any regular, annual or special general meeting